Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Living in the bubble….


Living in the bubble….

I was thinking the other day, as I watch the news…. With the hurricanes, the shootings… in so many states… and now the fires in Ca.  during the late fall….

I feel like I live in a bubble…. A bubble that I am comfortable with… so much so, I don’t care to travel anymore…

Here in our state, especially up here in the panhandle area, we don’t have that.. the nearest and even theirs is low is Spokane.   Well, I shouldn’t say that.. because we have had some… but it is so rare, it surprises us.. and we are shocked.  We had some one murdered next to our local gas station… The man had taken a taxi from Spokane to our area and had the driver drive around.. and then had him pull up along side of the gas station… and stabbed him several times.. I think he called 911… and waited for the police..
To say we were shocked is an understatement.   Part of us wanted to ask.. why did you come to our town to kill him, after all you got the taxi in Spokane 72 miles away…

We don’t have the hate protest here.. or people who block the roads.. if they do protest, like right to life type, and etc.. they are respectful, and line the street or walk across our bridge with signs.. that is about it.

We complain a lot about our government as we bleed red with Republicans here, yet there are a lot of us Independent votes here..  But nothing like what the nation is going thru right now.. Maybe because we have a say in what is done in our state… if we can get enough signatures we can change things and have it put to vote for ALL of the citizens to decide.. where as nationally we know we have no control. Even sending our senators and representatives to DC doesn’t do much for us… and our guys are voted down anyway.  Unless the congress is Republican run.  

So I love our bubble.   And hope we continue to keep it. We do have some Redoubt party people who have showed up in our state, but so far they are very inconspicuous/subtle so far.. but are inching into our politics… they are stronger than the tea party which we have had quite a bit of them over the years…


Yes, I want to keep my bubble.. we are still like it was when we were younger.. our word means something.. Business still care about their customers… and etc..  I just hope I don’t live to see what is going to happen once it burst.. and really fear for my great grandchildren.. who also live in a bubble where they are..


No comments: