Wednesday, February 27, 2019

The End is not as near….


The End is not as near…..

I seriously had thought, like each year…..of ending the blog..
Really … my readership is down.. some sweet people are still checking in… So thought, maybe it is time.

Next week will be the 14th anniversary of this blog.. that I decided to do as a fluke.  I blame it on Dave Oliveria of the Spokeman’s Review blog called   NO BARS HOLD.. at first then switching to HUCKLEBERRIES ON LINE… I use to email him before he allowed comments on his blog… 

Then second culprit is Marianne Love of Slight Detour..  Dave had challenge me to start my own blog… I told him, nah…. I am just a wordtosser..  Then I was reading Marianne Love’s blog and on the top of the paper was….  START YOU OWN BLOG.. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS 1,2,3….  Well, when it comes to computers…..nothing is as simple as 1,2,3.  but figure, I will show them,  it isn’t that easy… Unfortunately it was that easy.. because I found myself a writer of a blog..  1,2,3… as I filled out the form… it ask what was going to be my name….  thought for a moment and remembered telling Dave… I was a wordtosser…. So filled in that slot…  Then it asked for a title to the blog..  WHAT?  I thought that was what I just used..  see I KNEW IT.. it wasn’t that easy.. but then I settled down and thought..  FROM A SIMPLE MIND … pretty much described me…. So with that.. and up popped a blog.. with FROM A SIMPLE MIND …. I was on the road and still on the road for 14 years.. I have cut it down twice.. First I started out like a wild fire.. posting daily… and a few times twice a day..  Well, eventually I burnt out on that… so narrowed it down to Monday thru Friday….. and then a year ago, I believe.. knowing I was burning out… I narrowed it down to two days a week.. picking Tuesday and Wednesday.  Why I didn’t just quit, I don’t know.   I guess because every time I think I am going to quit since the 10th year… something comes up and up on the soap box I go… or something too funny ..not to share.. and there I go…

So here I am 5 years later..  BUT THIS time.. I have a purpose… and a deadline.. of sorts.. I have decided.. one more year… for two reasons..  it will be then 15 years.. and also.. I turn 80.  So April 5, 2020… Lord willing I am still around.. and mentally here… I will end the blog. Or a day or two later, in case I do something so wonderful for my 80th birthday.. I have to share..



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't say when I started reading your blog, or how I even came across it. I'd estimate it to be maybe 5 years? I remember last year being disappointed when you decided to cut it down to Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I've never met you, and actually live across the country from you. I guess it's just interesting taking a peek into someone else's life. Thanks for posting this blog, and maybe next year you'll decide to go for 20! :-)

Mary Ann

Word Tosser said...

Thank you for your kind words, Mary Ann.... hopefully I don't disappoint in the coming year..
it is always nice to know that people appreciate what you do.. as a blogger, sometimes you wonder how it is going.. So thank you for taking the time to comment..