Thursday, November 12, 2020

from the past....

Funny as I read this... I laughed as it this is still true 10 years later


TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 09, 2010

My Daylight body....

My body goes with daylight. Meaning when the sun is up, my body
wakes me and I get out of bed. And when it is dark, I start to run
down. Probably comes from my childhood. As we woke up at dawn
to do the farm work. And my folks had us in bed by the time it got
dark or shortly after. I think 8p.m. was our bedtime for winter.

Over the years, I was always an early riser. And raising kids you are up
early out of survival or call. And when I worked I was up at 3am, to
be at work by 5am. Then I switched to going to bed at 6am and going
to work at 10pm. When I went on Noc shift. So my own body had to adjust.

Now that I am retired and have no deadline, or early call, I can get
up when I want. Which is usually dawn. So summer, I am up and
on the run early and loving it… And of course, the sun is still going
at 9 to 9:30 pm. So I love summer…

I think the coined phase OLD MAN WINTER, is for a good reason.
because that is how I feel in the winter. And these gloomy mornings,
haven’t encourage my bouncing out of bed. More like dragging a wet
dishrag out. I mull around in my pj’s with my cup of coffee and paper
in hand, looking out to a bleak day. At least the afternoons were
deemable last week. But this week the forecast isn’t looking good.

So when we went off daylight savings and had gloomy mornings, and
dark afternoons… well, my body doesn’t know what to do. Heck, on
Sunday, I was thinking it was bedtime, and it was only 5 pm.
This isn’t looking good, for this winter, if I am in this mode already.
Usually this hits about January or February.

No comments: