Monday, April 17, 2023

AND JUST LIKE THAT… I WAS GONE….

AND JUST LIKE THAT… I WAS GONE….

I was sitting at my computer when across came a message from a friend.. Seems that Facebook had locked her out.

They told her to be able to unlock her page, she needed a email that was not associated with her account..  So she put in mine .. for them to email me, with a code number so she could get it unlocked.. So the email came in.. and there it was.. so I copy pasted it on message for her…  She set me a heart of thanks..   and 5 minutes later.. I WAS LOCKED.

After 3 hours of trying to go thru what they wanted and then doing the chat… I was experated and tired.. gave up.

Because they said they wanted a gov. photo id of me to prove it was me..  In desperation with the chat person.. I told her how do I KNOW she was who she said she was. And I think it is illegal to ask for the items she wanted. Drivers license with photo… passport and several other types of personal items..  all of which I said a resounding NO… was not putting that online..   for ANYONE..  So the circle went around and round..  saw where they said instead of it … they would accept a billing with address and another type of thing like that..  So I sent two things.. they came right back and said they were not acceptable.  

I GAVE UP…   I wrote back, that the site said it was.. and I was at the point where of the mind set, that I had done without Facebook for 70 years..  and the few that I had left.. I could do it again..  Never heard from them again.

A friend told me how I could get around the point of doing another page..   as every time I tried.. they would put up the YOUR ACCOUNT IS LOCKED..   so what he told me, worked.. and so I am back on Facebook..   A smart, more humble person..  got my family contacts back.. and my close friends.. the rest.. oh well..  it is what it is..  but it was hard to take..  to one minute it was there and then the next it was ALL GONE.. the pictures, the contacts..  and etc.. 

by the way.. you might wonder if I am upset with my friend.. Absolutely not...  it could happen to anyone..  Facebook can be replaced...  good friends are hard to find.

Lessons are harder to learn when you are elderly.. lol..

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: