Monday, November 02, 2009

Last break-a-way of 2009

We took some time to ourselves this weekend... went to near Lewiston to do
some steelhead fishing...well, the King did... I read a book and Misty did some
checking things out... and this is some of the views we saw...
This is looking down on Lewiston from the Lewiston Grade.We found this little roadside area that we parted right by the river...

As Misty and I walked the shore, we found a few things... one being this jaw.
It was very thin.... don't know what it belong to.

Just left of center you can see someone sitting on the shore line.
this was near a boat ramp. And there was a nice hole there in the water...
supposely where fish like to hide... well, they did that well.
Lo, and behold, that person sitting waiting patiencely for the evasive fish was....
the King. Not looking very happy.... but he had fun.

Looking down the river.....
looking up the river


We were down in a hole like... and the sun shone up on the hills around us...





This is the jawbone we found...don't know what it belongs to

This is one of the catch and release fish that didn't make it... the wild ones are catch
and release while the hatchery ones are keepers... that is if you are luck enough to
get some... which the campers above us were... they got 2 for the day.
We saw 4 of these laying on the shore in different stages of rot..


Some more of the view.... we are a very lucky country... and especially those
of us in Idaho

I love rocks... of different colors and shapes... usually bring some home, to
the King's disgust... but if I had my way, all of these would have been in the camper
before I left... I could use them in my gardens... but I was kind this time.


So you see, I only took pictures this time.. well, I did sneak a couple small ones
in my pocket, but not this one.

of course a trip isn't without our Misty... and she was so polite as you can
see with her table manners



Did some one say dessert???
.

No comments: