Thursday, November 05, 2009

Leap of Faith

Leap of faith

When you have children you worry about raising them up to adults.
You worry about health, you worry about drugs, you worry about education.
Then they make it to adulthood. Marrying, having children of their own.
Most think that is it, and life goes on and so does theirs. And that is
true for most cases.

About 19 years ago, we had Desert Storm. And my son who is in the
Reserves, called to tell me that he had put his name on the list to go.
That he was now on the 24 hour stand by list. Meaning that he had to be ready
to go within 24 hours. We talked about him going, and how he had
everything taken care of. And I was doing well with all this news. As
those parents of Reserves or Regular Armed Services do... and then
he said... and I got my will taken care of today. A tear rolls down the
cheek, one by one, slowly... and you are glad you are on phone, and
you quietly say ok, and he said, Love ya, Mom, got to go. Love you too,
is your answer...... as this take a leap of faith.

This year, my baby... my 39 year old baby, tells me she has bought a
motorcycle.(Deep breath).. hoping she takes her classes she talks
about, after her son graduation. Yes, it is... (ok.... another deep breath)
I saw the bike, seems small and innocent enough. She does well with
her classes, and seems to have deep respect for the bike. Then another
call. She sees a bike on Criagslist. A Harley Davidson. Pink with flames.
(I know in my heart she is getting it) And yes, she does. And she brings
it by a week later. It is a beautiful bike and her smile is from ear to ear.

And as she leaves my driveway each time, so happy with her Harley,
I am happy for her but I pray her deceased father will watch over her.

And it is another HUGE LEAP OF FAITH.

1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

I LOVE your girl LOL

but, we never stop worrying do we....

x