Monday, November 16, 2009

Watching the toilet paper roll...

There once was a man, 15 years ago, who told me that...
Life is like toilet paper, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes.


My father lived to 82, my mother 74. Most of the family
lived to 75 and up. Even have some 90 year olds in there.
So I took 30, 40, and 50 and even 60 in stride...
So why is turning 70 next spring, kicking my butt?

I don't think of it often, but every so often I do and when
I do, it kicks me bad. I don't get depressed so to speak,
but I would be lying if I said it didn't bother me.

Makes you rethink of thinking of the future. After
all I might not be around to see something that
people talk about being in 5 years. Some times
when I read about things in the world.. well, makes
me wonder..maybe it isn't so bad after all, not being
around.

Or a salesperson wants to know if I want a 5 year
warranty on the product I am buying...

I am glad I am a person who believes in living life
to its fullest...but every so often.... well, you know.
the toilet roll looks barer.

1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

I think you are going to live forever :) - you do not realise what such a big influence you are to me....

know you are loved..

x