Sunday, June 20, 2010

NOT MY FINEST HOUR

You know how they say, not your finest hour?
Well, with me, it was not my finest weekend.

My first mistake was stepping over the line.
A line that is self imposed. I put up the line.
I think my kids will tell you, I don’t interfere in
my kid’s lives. I might think a lot, but I don’t
open my mouth. Even when asked, 99% of the time
I will tell them to talk to their spouse… So
WHY did I step over the line? Good question.
I can give the usual lame ones… but I can’t come
close with one that pleases me. I gave my honest and
most humble apology to all those involved.

My next mistake was… losing my patience while
driving…. And speed up to pass a car…. Hence,
a $75 lesson…. I was traveling behind a red truck.
The truck would vary from 40 to 45 mph. On a road,
I thought was 50 mph. After about 8 miles, I looked
passed. The car from the other side, coming towards
us, was way down the road. Plenty of time to pass.
So I hit it… and passed… plenty of time… then the
King, who was my passenger, said… that is a cop car
second one down. Sure enough, and he passed me, I
looked in the rear view mirror… he was slowing down.
So I pulled over, even before he turned around, as I knew
it was me he was looking at. Sure enough, he turned, turn
on his lights (I was already stopped) and came behind.
I was doing 65 as I passed, and 60 after I got straighten
out. He wrote it up as 60. Still 15 over…Stupid lost of
moment judgement… Expensive lesson.

The ironic part about this is… when we first turn on the
road, there was a car that rode my tail end for a mile
and then zoomed by us. Then he came up on another
car down the road and did the same… and the King and
I had said…. “Wow, where is a police, when you
need one”… So I guess the moral of the story is….. be careful
what you ask, as there can be one, where YOU are… sure
was for me…
Like I said, not my finest weekend…

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to all the fathers, Dads, Step-Dads, and Grandfathers who step up to do it again.

1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

:) your should of put ya welly down and out run the law :) I could just imagine you doing that lol.... dam about the speeding fine though.....

Ive missed you.....

I have meself an allotment, Ive had it a week now, it was so overgrown, but last weekend Tom and Jacob and i got up there and dug it all out, and we have spent 3 evenings this week up there and all afternoon today trying to get it ready to get some veggies in the ground..... got 4 huge raised beds made and filled this afternoon and loads of stuff in, should get the rest built and ready to plant up by the weekend..... hence not had time to Twaddle..... I will email you....

love you..

x