Monday, June 28, 2010

THAT'S. JUST. NOT. RIGHT !!

As you read last week, I got a speeding ticket. First one in
twenty years… And I was the good citizen and did not argue
with the police officer. In fact I was so nice, I knew he was
going to turn around to come back to get me. So I pulled over
and parked until he could catch up. And on the Monday, the day
after….. I wrote out the check and took it to the post office and
mailed it… I paid what the sheriff deputy wrote down on the ticket.
So good citizen, did not argue, did not run, and paid the next day.

Then comes Saturday mail, came two envelopes from the Bonner
County Clerk office. One saying thank you for the $75 but I have a
balance of $10. WHAT??? It said $75 and I paid $75.
The other envelope was a nice (?) little letter from some one from
the clerks office, telling me that the officer made a mistake. That the
price of a ticket for 15 miles over was $85 and would I please send
in the extra $10. So I made out another check (and another stamp)
and mailed it out to them today. You know, it just doesn’t seem fair.
After all, I didn’t set the price, the officer did. Now I had to pay more.
Some how…..THAT’S. JUST. NOT. RIGHT.

No comments: