Thursday, June 24, 2010

Walking around the yard....

Yesterday was a beautiful day.... so started some more yard work... was hanging some of
my wind chimes, when I noticed the gutter was thick with gunk.... so shifted to cleaning
it out. After 3 hours of lifting the ladder up and off the deck several times,
running the hose thru the gutter...looking like a Dalmatian with so many black dots
on me..... I got it done..
Wash down everything, that got specked. I was beat... wet....dirty..... but a job
done well....

Well, when the King got home, and saw where I had thrown some of the gunk down
on the ground, he was not the happiest. I tried to convince him, that a moose had
ran thru... and left droppings, as I scared the moose so badly...
but he wasn't buying it. But he was happy with the clean gutters... "been
meaning to do that"...familiar words...lol...

Doesn't it look like it to you, that a moose or even a cow ran thru?



After hours of dealing with gunk, I decided to walk around the yard and see what
the rain has done to the yard work that was done a month ago...
and actually it was not bad at all...

My Blazing climbing rose that my #1 son and wife gave me years ago, is doing well.

The first section of clematis (there are 3 in all here) is doing well...

Bleeding heart is still hanging in there..


Peonies are doing well, here is the pink one..



The white one.....


with red inside the flower


Hosta is greening out well, flowers should be soon following...


Here is the other clematis starting to fill out...


The Irishes have filled out beautifully and are still in the time of blooms... I have
3 different purples around the yard...


as you can see this is the one with stripes.




The Red Peony



they are so beautiful



The front yard with flag and yard spinners... don't know if you can see the tractor.
in the middle... And hanging planters...



Now this was a surprise... I put out my fountain that no longer works but is a good
bird bath, and I put my metal bird near it so it would look like the bird was drinking
from the bath... and the next thing I know... Johnny Jump Ups, came and grew better
than if I had planted them there... I don't know why they are called that, except maybe
because they grow where ever they please... I called them violets, until someone told me
the errs of my ways... whatever... I love them..And this year they are all over the place.
Driveway, pond area, in and out of the flower garden areas....



As some of the Irishes are starting to fade, the roses are starting to kick in...



This is the front Irishes with white beards... I didn't take a picture of the ones
in the back yard by the pond, they are deep purple...






Coming in behind the Irishes, and with the roses, are the Tiger Lilies... getting their buds



So the colors keep coming on... and I am getting ready to head out and see what else
I can add to keep the color coming....
With Petunia's continuing their job in the pots hanging on the fence to greet those
who drive into the driveway...
Enjoy the day and the weekend... going out to play in the dirt....

No comments: