Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I just don't get men...

When women have a project or a job to be done
in their home or for their children… other women
will offer to help out… and that woman will accept
the help.. two set of hands makes the task so much
easier…

But what the heck is with men? My husband is among
those who will have a job to do, that it would be so much
easier for two. Even when help is offered, he will either say
“no, I got it” or worse yet, he will accept it and say “first thing
in the morning”… then because he is an early riser.. he does
it himself… so when the one who offers gets here… he has
it all done.

And God help you, if you as the wife tell someone he could use
help.

Case in point was this past weekend…Our light went out over
the sink. So we went to Home Depot and got a new one.

For 4 hours we fought it, fought it because in the process somehow
we blew a breaker, and then for a while we had no electric for the
heater, several lights. All those on the same breaker BUT the
breaker wasn’t blown, the second time. The tester showed there
was power to the fixtures and lights…
Finally by trial and error we found out that there was a loose
connection of a ground wire on middle of the kitchen ceiling light.
It is all the same junction box. It was only by the flicker of the lights
coming back on, that he found it.

After he fix it, he wanted no part of the over the sink light. So that
is for another day when nerves aren’t so fragile. During this mess and
trying to figure out what was going on.. about 2 hours into the mess…
I said….. maybe we should call Tim, (he does maintenance for
a living). That didn’t go over well…

Is this a macho thing?

3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is. It's a man thing. I'm sorry you had to deal with it.

Bay Views said...

I had a similar experience with alcohol overtones. I was getting ready for bed one night when my smoke alarm started beeping. I had consumed maybe three nice sized glasses of wine and was ahem ... somewhat mellow. So I got a screwdriver and openned up the smoke detector, pulling the battery out. That didn't help so I started disconnecting wires. Soon I have the entire installation removed. It still beeped. Then I happened to look down where I had set a carbon monoxide detector that the power company had dropped off. That was what were bleeping at me. I say bleeping because by then that was the operative word. BTW, I had failed to pull the circuit braker and was lucky I didn't fry myself.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! Lets call Tim..that goes over big at my house,too! But...it get the job done!
Marlene