Wednesday, August 30, 2017

May have to renegotiate...

About 30 years ago, the King and I were outside working together.. he was splitting wood and I was stacking.. when we got into a conversation about men and women.   When the King made a fatal remark.

Men’s work outside.. women’s work inside…  He has regretted those words for 30 years….

At the time, I just dropped the piece of wood on the ground and started to head to the house.  He asked where was I going?  I told him …. Women’s work inside… so I am heading inside.  He said, what about the rest of the wood.. I told him.. you said .. Men’s work outside..  Oh, and forget about cooking, don’t want any one to mistaken you for a women.  He said, he didn’t mean me.  “WHAT?”  Are saying I am not a woman?.... No, no, you are putting words in my mouth..I didn’t mean that either… This is going so wrong…”

Since then I have pulled this gem out of the closet, when needed…… like when I asked him if he would take the garbage out side…. and he said … Men’s work outside.. Which of course, I didn’t want to let him down…  So I pulled the garbage out of the can, tied it off.. and open the door and threw it out on the deck… and told him.. “Garbage outside.. on deck.. waiting for men’s work outside”…  he was not amused… but he did put it in the outside can.  I have used it many times over the years…

So here I was today, pulling weeds, and had a line of about 20 feet long, about 4 foot wide and about 10 inches deep of weeds and etc.  As I looked back at it, I got to thinking about how did I end up with this?  After all OUTSIDE IS MEN’S WORK…  have to renegotiate this… but in his defense, he did show up about half an hour later and loaded it in the truck and took it to the dump…

  

No comments: