Monday, August 28, 2017

Seeing better....

Got to admit that I do see better, but still a ways to go.
Once I get the other one done, I can ditch the glasses.
But will be having to get reading glasses.. and that is ok
Too.

The surgery itself was easy peasy. Nothing to worry about..
Says I AFTER the fact.  Took about an hour for the evaluation. Then 3 minutes for the actual surgery.
The worse part and painful was the Novocain like
Shot on the cheek bone.. Which has gave me a partial
Black eye.   I saw my blood pressure climb as I was
Going thru the whole process (they take it 3 times) and
When given a choice of having a mellow out med.. I went
For it.  They taped my eye shut and put a ball on it for about
15 minutes. The King said next time he is bring a ball just like it and put it on the good eye when they do that.. and take a picture .. with BUG EYES to share with my grandchildren.)
Funny guy.. not..

But once in the surgery room, the lowered a white mask like thing on my face (ball was already removed before I went in) I could feel them touching the eye area.. kind of.. and then he said .. OK, ALL DONE?  ALL DONE??  YOU DIDN’T TAKE THE TAPE OFF.. lol.. but I guess they had, and then did the surgery.. As the King watched it all from the next room.  I sat for about 20 minutes after I left the room. (walked out) and then they explain everything I had to do at home.. gave me paper work.. AND then they gave me a gift. I had a choice of 3 things.. a baseball cap, a coffee mug.. OR a vest.. I chose the really nice black vest.

So.. so far.. all is good. Got a appt. with the local dr. and then it is back again on the 6th of Sept. for the second one. It will be a lot easier and faster this time.. As it is the surgery only, and I know what I am going in with.. so the blood pressure should mellow out.   Looking forward to it.


So if your Dr. says you need cataract removed … go for it. It is easy peasy.. 

No comments: