Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Getting to know you...getting to know all about you...


GETTING TO KNOW YOU.. GETTING TO KNOW ALL ABOUT YOU..

Have had an issue with my leg… some kind of rash. It
Actually started at the back of my calf… on both legs..
Then it came around the side of the left leg.  So after a month and half of playing DR. Cis .. it wasn’t going away.
So I bite the bullet and went to the dr.   She looks at it.. tells me to put some kind of cream on it.. Aveeno… should help it.  But she was more concerned about my left leg, being swollen..  Which it tends to do from time to time.. Being my father died with Congested Heart Failure, she decided that I needed an echogram on my heart.  So a couple days later, off I go the hospital.. The King decided to tag along..  He said if I was going to be at all of his.. he would try it out .. going with me.   I go with him because he hears what he wants to hear and forgets the rest.. Also I keep him honest with his answers to the dr.   But oh, well, it wasn’t  an up and personal visit.. just my leg.. what the heck.. why not.

So I arrive at the hospital in time to sign in. Which was a good thing I came early. I had been there many times before to sign in the King.. but I am not on record, so I needed to give all kinds of information..  The guy comes and gets me and off the King and I go to the room.. being it was my heart.. only had to remove the top…I laid there, as he ran the machine left and right and around the sides..  Swooze wooze the sound of the heart.. It all sounded pretty steady, so I figure there is no worries.  The King sat in his chair very intrigued with the whole thing.  Told me to get dress, and if I didn’t mind.. fill out the survey there… Looked at it.. checked all the positives and remarks I wrote .. tech did good job and also made me feel relaxed about the test..  And we went to the Dr. office from there..   I picked up my copy of the blood work from the other day..  and a note of platelets not readable due to aggregative or something like that.. I asked the gal about it as that has been a problem for over 10 years.. She said the Dr. was looking into it.   So of course when I got home, I looked it up.  As I am reading about it.. (it is talking about blood clots), the phone rings. It is my dr. office.. wanted to know if I would mind going back to the hospital… this time to get an echogram on my legs..  Being I was unsettled by what I read.. I said sure..  And stop by the dr. office and get another blood draw when you are done.  Ok..

So off to the hospital again.. This time, remove the pants..this time a woman tech.  And of course the King is with me.  So she runs the machine back and forth across the legs on front, then back and then sides..  So she too tell me to get dress and she will guide us out.   As I got dressed I saw this too had a survey sheet… so I wrote…. GETTING TO KNOW YOU, GETTING TO KNOW ALL ABOUT YOU… (being this is my second time….. and this is an old show tune)  thought I better add that, as she had to be 20 something.  Then I added..  crew was great.. very calming… thank you…  Oh, by the way, she said I had nothing to worry about.. the dr. would get the result in a day or two, but if it was a blood clot … I would not be going home today.. but because everything is clear I could go home.  And then.. DR. KING…SAYS, EVERYTHING LOOKED GOOD TO ME..  lol..
Then it was off to the dr. office to GET a blood draw, this time.  And got the call the next day..  blood work came back good.. that my platelets were 68,000!!!  (now for those who are aware of platelets numbers.. I know that is low, but they were the highest I have had in 10 years.) I was thrilled. But then she said.. come by and get your copy of the results and stop by your pharmacy as we have sent over a prescription for you…  I said.. ok.. for the swollen leg?  She said yes..  I thought to myself.. oh, great…  old lady bladder isn’t enough.. I got to take some pills to step it up… (sad face)
Oh, well.. over all.. I guess I am in pretty good shape for an 78 year old broad..  ha ha..

No comments: