Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Just can't get in the mood....


I just can’t get in the mood ….

I just can’t get in the mood for Christmas..
I am horrible about it anyway… humbug type.
I don’t do well with Christmas until about noon
on the day…

I go thru the motions.. get the presents.. wrap
them..  and wake up that morning.. get a cup of
coffee.. and if we have presents.. I open mine.
Because the King has gotten up hours before me
and open his already.

Christmas is for kids… and I wouldn’t ruin it for
them for the world.. But for me.. it is way over
blown. And the fact it is so over commercialized.
Drives me nuts.   And no, I don’t want to go shopping
with thousands of people..

This year it is worse than ever… I did go outside and
checked to see if the lights still all worked.. some did
some did not..  got them all fixed.. so it is just a matter
of pushing the button on the remote control.  But I have
the .. who cares  feeling as I do.  Put up a couple of
indoor decorations..  put up the sad looking flat tree on
the wall…

By this time I usually have half of dozen chocolate
zucchini breads made… and  started on cookies.
Even some jam.. some years.. but this year.   I haven’t
done anything.  I did buy the stuff to do the bread today
But that is it.. just not in the mood.  
So I will happiest on December 26.. even January 2nd.
is better yet.

1 comment:

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I feel the same way.