Wednesday, March 13, 2019

THESE HANDS…



THESE HANDS…


These hands have served me well… for 78, just about 79 years.
They have held my children, they have held their faces, as I kiss
them on their cheeks. And held on to them dearly with my arms as well, as I say hello, or good bye…

They have held on to reins as I guided horses and ponies over jumps, and held on as they tried to buck me off…

They also have dug out sewer pipes that clogged.. they have held grease from motors that were being worked on…They have guided  smashed cars on to a truck, that was loading for a trip to Seattle scrap iron business…

They have held the elderly, guide them thru to their wheel chairs, and held their hands when they were scared. Almost 18 years of guiding them as they walked, to lay them in their beds.. to help button their buttons, and help guide their brush as they still tried to brush their hair.  Guided their hands as they still tried to feed themselves. And held their hands as they laid in bed… and pass away. 

These hands have held grandchildren… have held great grandchildren.. and held the hand of my husband, as we worry thru some of life’s bumps and bruises...

They may not be as pretty as they once were..  the wrinkles have told on the time for them.. the liver spots shine thru as do the freckles…  all part of life...
Yes, these hands have served me well

No comments: