Wednesday, June 05, 2019

20 years ago today...

20 years ago today, I married my buddy.. that I call THE KING.
Here are some pictures from that day 
Hope those who are reading this.. and were there, enjoy looking back with us..  



my best friend and daughter stood up with me.. and got me into shape
 as this man waited on the deck at the back of the house
such a serious face... probably wonder.. does he really want to go thru with this... lol 
 My oldest son Will gave me away
 As the song was sang.. and they waited..


the crowd gathered under the tent..


and around the corner we came....


Then it began



 Here  the King is singing a song to me.... called MY CUP RUNNTH OVER 
I will add the words at the end of this... if you see his best man.. Gordon behind him.. he is crying. and saying.. so beautiful... As the King was laughing as he heard him, but he kept on singing..  

 Then it was kiss the bride..
 The cutting of the cake..  (this was suppose to be after the other pictures..
 Our friends gathered to congratulate us.. 

Waiting for the food to be served.. 
 Our friends and co workers came...






 the helpers... this is Will and his wife Elaine and daughter Crystal.. Also Brad's wife Patty had our guest book and help Jeanette serve cake...  We also had the King's brother Gary, taking care of the grill and making sure the meat was done just right.. and his wife Sandee who kept an eye on everything to help us run this smoothly... 

After all the friends left..  our family gathered to take pictures.. This is our kids and spouses...
 and same with kids..  (our grand kids..which now just about all of them have children of their own.)
 I was going to release the balloons one at a time... but the King says.. no..  he says.
LET'S LET THEM ALL GO TOGETHER.....  as you can see in the distance of the second picture.. they wrapped around a telephone pole... was there about a week.. don't know how they got down.. 


here is the two cakes that our daughter Jeanette made for our wedding..






As I was going thru the book, to find pictures for this post... it was sad to see how many we have lost since then... these are some of our dears friends and family members... 
First is the King's mom... Mary Gors..better know to most of Sandpoint as Mama Gors...  she passed the next year  2000




Then we lost our dear friend..  Dottie Hermansen 

This year we lost Darrel Brown..Ken's boss at one time and also his good friend.. he called Pop



2015 and 2016 brought the lost of these two.. the King's sister, Tina.. and his best friend and best man at our wedding  Gordon Crastil 


And a few years ago... the man who married us.. and probably about half of Sandpoint.. Charlie Packard.. and good friend ... 

hope you enjoyed walking down memory lane...  and so glad you joined us 20 years ago.. to help celebrate our special day...


oh, and the words to the song..  that he heard on a soap opera called ALL MY CHILDREN..

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER ...

 Sometimes in the mornin' when shadows are deep
I lie here beside you just watching you sleep
And sometimes I whisper what I'm thinking of
My cup runneth over with love
Sometimes in the evening when you do not see
I study the small things you do constantly
I memorize moments that I'm fondest of
My cup runneth over with love
In only a moment we both will be old
We won't even notice the world turning cold
And so, in these moments with sunlight above
My cup runneth over with love
My cup runneth over with love
With love

Songwriters: HARVEY SCHMIDT,TOM JONES
© Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
For non-commercial use only.
Data From: LyricFind













No comments: