Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Celebrating the best we can….


Celebrating the best we can….

this guy....


Last fall we lost a member of our family.
Cancer had claimed him, ripping him from
Our lives… 

He came quietly into our family.  Loving our youngest daughter.  Taking her places she never been before.
The first was Sturgis, South Dakota to the Harley Davidson yearly celebration.  And now that has become a funny story.  See, he and our daughter had been going to get together for several months.. And they decided to head to South Dakota, as Tim had been a Harley rider for years.  No, not the bad boy motorcycle gang type. He was more of the hard worker who loved to ride.  Anyway the funny story to go with it.. was the afternoon that he stopped by here to pick up their supplies they stored here in our refrigerator while they worked.  He got off first. As I was helping him get the supplies into their vehicle.. I was kind of teary eyed, as she had not been before. And we all are aware of the stories of wild times at this event.  So I told Tim to take good care of my daughter. I was counting on him.  And he promised he would.  When they got home a week later, my daughter asked me what the devil did I tell Tim before he left.  I told her, for him to watch over her, why?  Well, don’t ever do that again, Mom.  Seems that Tim was like a second skin to her.  She finally told him to give her some breathing room.. and what is wrong with you.. He told her, he had promised her mother to keep her safe…and he was.. lol.
Then there is the afternoon, several years later, that Tim stopped by our house to talk to the King and I. Once again he had gotten off work earlier than she did. He came by to ask if it was ok to ask her to marry him. He was asking permission to ask… In this day and age, I thought that was so sweet. But my answer to him… was … what the hell took you so long??.. Then we were swore to  keep it a secret until he asked. Which drove us nuts.. as a week goes by and nothing said..  And I knew my daughter would have said something.  He kept trying to find the perfect place.  Which didn’t come out.. so he blurt it out in the Harley Davidson parking lot as he was taking her in to buy a HD ring for them.  They had the best wedding ever in their back yard. With family and friends. 

They were married 7 years I believe.. when he left us.
So this weekend.. we celebrate his life.  He had a big party and then a burial the next day for his mom several years before.  And that was his request. To have great food, play many games, (horseshoes, corn hole, pool, foosball and etc) and then have a band and dance the night away.  So that is what we will do on Saturday..  Also we will be celebrating his sister too, as she followed him 3 months after he left. Both with cancer.  Then Sunday, we will have a  burial, for the two of them.. there is a poem to be read by their aunt. Full military honor for Tim as he spend 20 years in the Coast Guard. And after everyone has a chance to say a few words…  The King will play a song he wrote with the sound of a Harley starting up, revving up and then taking off…at the end of the song.    
Tim requested one thing… but I don’t think anyone is going to be able to do that….  He asked no tears.. I sorry Tim, don’t think we are going to be able to pull that one off.   My daughter thinks there will be about 100 there.. being both of them.. my daughter and Tim come from large family.. we figured about 2/3 will be related. 
So if you happen to think about it Saturday.. have a beer on Tim, as we celebrate a life well lived..… and Sunday, say a little prayer for all of us… as we let him go, but never forgotten in our hearts.  As we  put he and his older sister Lori to rest.

No comments: