Thursday, July 04, 2019

Sandpoint Idaho 4th of July parade

This year I spent the 4th at Sandpoint.. I do Clark Fork one year and then Sandpoint next year.. So this year was Sandpoint's turn.. 
There are a lot of groups that have no identification..  because either they weren't showed on my side.. or they were too small print...   so sorry for not naming..  If I did know, I noted it. 
So here is a few of the sights around the parade area at 5th and Church Street. 

This is looking south on 5th ave at Cedar.. I was heading down to my spot.. and the car club was lining up.. 


 this group always does a great job of having a good amount of their group..also they do charity work with some of their events.


up on my perch ... the crowd is starting to gather at 9:30am.. starting time.. 10am or near it, as Sandpoint is well known for being 20  minutes late in their starts... of any event... 



 fire trucks lining up.. police getting their vehicles ready for the start..




 This year Cherry Lane is not the traffic control..  seems it is TRAFFIC COP Corp. 
 dogs,dogs, dogs every where





 Boy Scout with Flag detail and they did very well.. 





This is the first time I have ever seen such a sign.....  to me.. it is sad the public has to told what to do... out of respect... out of honor... and etc..   sad indeed....



 the crowd is thickening.....

 more dogs..

 AT EXACTLY 10:04... THE PARADE STARTED....















 the start of the INJECTORS CLUB of older cars...

 by this time... about 20 or so more people showed up to watch the parade.. and ended up standing in front of me.. Now I am up on a porch perch.. yet still....  so some of these shots are me holding the camera above my head and hoping for the best..




 these are the normal shots







 here is the Commish.. McDonald ... he is always been nice enough to take time and answer questions or explain on Sandpoint Forum which is a public place on Facebook, where people vent about local things..  he isn't always saying what they really want hear.. but take the patience to try to explain why things are as they are, in the county.. and some times even has given some great advice of where to get help for county problems..  

 more dogs.. thought these two were going to have a mix up of it.. but the owners were strong..
















 BUSTER is back with the school district..  he goes to schools and teaches safety on the buses and around them..




on the back is up for raffle.truck . I believe it is the football team that is having it. 




Old tractors.... it is a tractor group that goes in parades as well as events.. you can catch them at the fair grounds and the guys will show and tell with you...  also once in awhile they have been known to go to some large farms or etc.. and have a tractor,  plow out, where there are several tractors plowing a huge field.. 









This was a dancing group.. they did a great job..




ah, the BLUE PEOPLE..   no not the band, but the workers from the Shingle Mill Road Blueberry fields..  where you can pick your own..   They were the most active group.. plus the only real music, yes those are 5 gallon buckets for drums.. and they sounded great.. 







                                        








 Kate McAllister..  not sure I spelt her name correctly.. she is a mulit event person.. has a lot to do with the Follies which is a group who put on a vaudville show in Feb. for charity with the  Angels over Sandpoint.. but also she is I think the head of Chamber of Commerce or such..  You really can't get much more Irish than Kate.



 I don't know what group this is... but we were all wondering about the uniforms the men had on..



this is a local bike group called the Peddlers.. 





 Albeni Falls Drum and Bugle group....



 Got to have horses..









a hound dog... if I was younger, I would be down at the Panhandle Animals Shelter to see if he could go home with me.. .but I am too old and he is too big for me.. now.. and he needs a kid who loves to run and play













do you suppose this is one of the planes heading for the fly over in DC...
little humor, folks, don't get in a twitter..






AND THAT IS IT FOLKS..

AND IF THEY NEEDED A THEME FOR THIS YEAR.. IT WOULD BE THE YEAR OF THE DOG...  I stopped counting... at 17... there were so many...   I have a dog.. but there is no way I am going to stress her out at any event that has huge crowds... but got to say.. all but the two were pretty well behaved.. some looked  awful nervous tho...

Also was thinking this year .. Sandpoint wasn't up to their par..but I also keep in mind... there are A LOT OF PEOPLE who work really hard to bring this parade to us all...  so if you were quite please, maybe you can contact them and offer help for next year.. I am sure they would love all the help they can get.. 
So that is it..  next year .. if the creek don't rise.. I will be at the Clark Fork parade taking pictures..   

No comments: