Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Life’s little surprises…from out of left field….


Life’s little surprises…from out of left field….

Over the weekend, a friend of ours went to the hospital.  And as anyone can tell you, by personal experience (we can) your spouse does not get to go with you.  To me, the cruelest of all this virus stuff.

Our friend’s wife, who is also our friend, stated it on Facebook.  And we all send word of help, prayers as we knew how hard it was on her.  She and her husband are just about joined to the hip. He is older, so that makes her concern even harder.

During the time while she waited. I messaged her, to let her know what to expect.. as we and our brother in law went thru the same shoes she was wearing. 
Then the weirdest thing happen… After stop talking to her.. a message came thru the message area.. but there was a note that the writer had deleted the message.  Being I recognized the name.. yet she was not one of my Facebook friends… but she is the daughter of my friend.   So I wrote back to her ???? … figuring if she wanted to talk, I could… as I live about 2 miles from her mom and she lives in the next state.  And she said she had written something but has second thoughts.   So removed it.  She said she was concerned about her Mom..  I wrote back I was too.   We talked a few minutes and then ended the conversation.  Then I decided to call my friend.  My husband had already called but was cut short as she had another call come in.   My friend and I talked for about 10 minutes or so.. I walked her thru the system, that she was partly aware of.  Told her to wait an hour as they would need time to run test, so they really couldn’t give  her much info.  She seemed a little calmer… I told her if for some wild reason, they sent him home.. to call us.. Didn’t want her driving in the dark and upset.
Then after, I messaged her daughter and told her what I had said to her mother..  We passed a few more lines and then just as we were going to end the conversation….. she said.. by the way, do you remember me… I use to work with you a very long time ago. I told her yes, I did remember her and told her mother a funny story about her and her daughters visit to the nursing home we worked in.  She laughed and said she remember that and someone took a picture of them..  She said.. but I want to tell you something else.. I have wanted to tell you for quite some time.  She told about how working with me and another woman, helped her. That our talks to her as we worked.. had help her make better choices in life. And to be a good person, and to take life serious.   My thoughts were WOW… I told her thank you.. but I didn’t think I did anything great… I did see that she was having a hard time being a young mom and working.. She said yes, but you were honest and kept me in line with not only the job but life.   And then she shared about her children, grandchildren.. lol.  After a bit, I bid her goodnight and told her to take good care of herself..  I did message her the next morning and we talked about her step dad being home.. And one of these times when she comes to see her mom, I am going to stop by and see her… 

You know, we go thru life.. never thinking of any impression we make in or on others…  It is a blessing to hear that one does good. This gal is the 3rd one in my adult life time, who have told me thank you for doing what I thought was just a general thing. The first one was a daughter of a friend from a long time ago. And I use to baby sit her and her siblings with my own kids…  And when she told of how great it was to grow up with me.. and I said… I didn’t think I did anything great.. just treated her like  my own kids.. And she said exactly…  and that is what made her feel so good. That I showed her what a normal life was like.. and how one can love someone.. as her own family life was very disruptive to say the least. (her parents drank a lot). She said she always felt safe and loved at my house…  She became a judge.   It still wows me to know I made a difference.
So know, some where along the line.. you too made a difference in someone’s life. 

No comments: