Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Hell to be old..

Hell to be old..

 

Well, it is the start of the season after all..  So no surprise that the bones and muscles are rebelling after months of solitude.

We didn’t even have a decent snow year, really out of practice. 

Have been working in the yard.. A couple days ago and a week or so ago, did a lot of digging out the plants from winter..  Chopped off straggle branches, and had a heap of a pile at the back gate.

Today was the day of hauling it to the dump. The King was not happy camper, but he did it… Told me no more cutting branches.. Yeah, like that is going to happen.

But after he clean up the pile, I went out there and saw, yea, he got the big stuff.. but there was so much more..  So raked, weedwhacked tall dry grass, that was keeping the gate from closing.  Now I have a 5 foot pile that is about 2 feet tall.  He came back from the dump… looked at it.. and then me…  Said, another day.   I agree…

I am getting too old for this stuff.  I enjoy it, but my back sure doesn’t and is telling me so…  My legs have been acting up of late. Guess they too have had enough..

But  the grass is turning green and we are probably a week out to the start of mowing again..

Yep, it is hell to get old… 

 

 

 

No comments: