Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Such wise, heartfelt words...

Such wise, heartfelt words...

"My mother taught me to refuse hate. She taught me to refuse blanket judgment, and in this time, and with all of the Internet and social media and algorithms and everything that wants us to think a certain way, the 24-hour news cycle, it is my hope that all of us, we teach our kids and I want to remember, just refuse hate. Don’t hate anybody. I refuse to hate someone because they are Mexican or because they are Black or white or LGBTQ. I refuse to hate someone because they are a police officer. I refuse to hate someone because they are Asian.

Anyone who wants to stand in the middle, no matter what’s around the wall. Stand in the middle ’cause that’s where healing happens. That’s where conversation happens. That’s where change happens. It happens in the middle. So anyone who wants to meet me in the middle, to refuse hate, to refuse blanket judgment, and to help lift someone’s feet off the ground,”   Tyler Perry… April 25, 2021 at the Oscar awards event…

 

Thank you, Mr. Perry..  I could not say it better..  My prayer would be to have this carried forward..  if we can do the BLACK LIFES MATTER..   WHY NOT…    “MEET ME IN THE MIDDLE”?

 

 

No comments: