Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Surprises can sometimes backfire and surprise you…

Surprises can sometimes backfire and surprise you…. 

I have a sweet niece.. Barbara. She has a heart of gold. She is very special.  And for some reason she seems to like me. An old buzzard like me.   See Barbara came in to my life, late in her life. As I didn’t get to know her mother until I was 50 and her mother was 55.  By that time Barbara was married and had a daughter. And she lived in a different town than her mother, so when I went to see her mother, she was not there. 

Guess I should explain that her mother is my half sister Sandra. Because of family dynamic I never knew about Sandra until I was 13… and did not get to meet her until… like I said .. I was 50. Too much to tell why, and it doesn’t matter anyway.

But out of the deal .. I got this sweetheart of a girl.  And she has a sweet daughter too..

Well, Barbara is always doing little things.. the kind that is … you know..  the kind that means the most.   And lately she sent me a birthday card with the sweetest heart felt (on my part at least) words… She is the best..  So I thought..  I will send her some surprise flowers… After all, the best flowers are that are for no reason.. no holiday… just because…  So I went on line and I put in the order… Then later found out that a package had been delivered to our neighbor that was for me.  I could not figure out what I had ordered… especially that big… I open it, and there on top was a shopping bag with NEWPORT R.I. on it.. then I knew it was from Barbara.. like Christmas.. so many goodies…  Dang.. I thought I was going to surprise her and here she goes and surprises ME.  

So I wrote to her and told her thank you.. and fessed up to my going to surprise her that Tuesday, she was getting a surprise from me… … telling her that we wicked have minds that run in the same canal… lol..  IT WAS THEN.. she told me.. oh, no Auntie…

She says… we are leaving for Florida on Monday…. OH NO….

Long story short, I was able to get ahold of the flower shop and have them deliver not on Tuesday, but May 5th..  WHEW!!... so be careful how you surprise someone.. lol.. it might backfire on you…

 

 

 

No comments: