Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Reading....

I have always loved to read. Even
as a kid...didn't like book reports,
but loved to read.

I read magazine, but I have cut them
to about 1/3 of what I use to have. I
just don't have the time to sit and
read them each month. So I have
cut them to just a few. 2 monthly
...garden and Yankee. And 2 weekly,
Time and Newsweek. One of which is
running out, so will probably let it go.

Also I have a stack of interesting books.
Ones I will read ....someday. The subject
interest me, but have a couple of ones
that are new and interest me more.

The problem I am having is, the time.
I use to read while cooking, house
keeping, you know the ones that
were so good, that you couldn't
put it down. You burnt the midnight
oil trying to finish it. But none are
that good anymore. Or I am not that
much into it anymore.

I use to love submarine stories, but
I am not into those anymore. I love
Perry Mason when I was a kid. Never
a Nancy Drew person, though.

Now I tend to go for the real deal. True
stories, and comedy. Burnt out on
Stephen King and Ann Rule.

But the worse of it is.... I feel guilty
sitting ....doing nothing... but reading.
So much to do, so little time. And I feel
like I should not be wasting time, reading.

I do better in the winter or rainy days. And
my favorite thing to do, during those days,
is a cup of tea, a good book and thee...

So why do I feel guilty on the sunshine days?
Is it my age? Do I feel like my time is running
out like a toilet paper on a short roll?

No comments: