Monday, May 10, 2010

Hand turn signals and frustrations...

Last Wednesday, I was getting ready
to go get the mail. Usual routine is the
dog gets to go for a ride, so when she
came to the car, and didn’t jump in I
went to pick her up. Except, I lost my
footing, which sent me between the
door frame and steering wheel. I heard
a snap. Nope, not me…but my shoulder
hit the turn signal switch. And it was hanging
like a wet noodle.
Long and short of it is… my husband can
fix it. So he goes to the Ford dealer to see
about the part. $300 !!!!! FLAMING DOLLARS!!

So he calls Spauldings in Spokane and they
thought they might have one and it is $17.75!!!
Thank you, thank you. So the King puts it together
the best he can so I can use it the next day to go to work.

Frustration… I hate it when you turn the key
and nothing happens, so you can guess how it
was when I couldn’t get the key to turn at all.

Made phone calls to cancel work. And as it
happen the King called to tell me that Spaulding
did in fact have the part. I told him my newest
dilemma and we went thru the “did you try this and
that. Which I had. But told him I had cancelled
work so we will deal with it later. After he gets
off work.

I sat there for a moment and thought if he comes
home and tries what I already did, and the car starts
I am going to look like a fool. So I got out there to
try one more time. Still nothing. One of the things he
mention was jerking on the steering wheel. Well, it was
not moving. So I thought, well, I can just get out of
the car… or jerk on that wheel like a man would…
With my luck it would strip out something in the steering
column… But what the heck I can’t be in much more
trouble than I am in. So I jerked on that sucker… bam…
it made a crack sound and it moved. It moved back and
forth several times… AND THE KEY TURNED!!… oh,
Thank heavens for small favors…. I tried the key 4 times and
it started. Called work, said I will be there and it worked…
Friday we went to Spauldings, $18 (w/ taxes) the King changed
it and we had turn signals… and high beams and low beams.

By the way, when I was coming home on Thursday, I was using
hand turn signals… you should have seen the weird looks I got. Don’t
people use turn signals anymore?
Do those under 30 know whathand turn signals are?

1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

Are you getting doddery in your old age ;)

x