Monday, May 03, 2010

Pay for it, heck no....

The question has come up about newspapers and Facebook,
would you pay to use what you are getting for free now?

My first reaction is, no… I would not pay for newspapers or blog or
Facebook online. But then I said the same thing about television and
I also have paid the $3 for coffee called latté’s. And have in the past
paid for cable and satellite.

But now it is coffee and antenna’s in our downsize life. And we
really don’t miss it… Yes, it is kind of like driving a Mercury as opposed
to driving a Lincoln. May not have all the bells and whistles,
but still gets us from point A to point B just the same. Which is our main purpose.
Down sizing makes you able to do that.

So now that I have time to think about it, would I pay for Facebook, blogs that I
go to now? Or newspapers? The Facebook and blogs, the answer is no. Sorry,
gang. Newspapers? If I lived in Spokane, I might…depending on the price.
But pay for the Daily Bee, no way… the Bee runs a shadow of their paper type
of newspaper. No pictures 99% of the time. Only a few of the articles are on
line. And a lot of their daily sections are not online.

And as long as there is paper newspapers that I can take in the car or where
Ever else… I have no need for online newspapers. After all I can’t get it on
line in my car and other places. I don’t have the free wireless or a phone
attachment. Too spendy.
So I guess the answer for me, is no…

No comments: