Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Not all profiling and carding is wrong...

I know I will get screams from this post.
and even talk of how insensitive I am.
Or how can I even know what it is like,
being I have always been the average
white female.

But what is really wrong with profiling? If you
look like a Iranian, I don’t mind an officer stopping
you and find out if you are actually here legally and
running your name thru the records to see if you are
on the list. After all, we Americans are having this
done to us. My neighbor, who is 5 foot tall, white
woman, a teacher, an American citizen… was held
up at the airport for 4 hours, missing her plane,
because HER NAME flashed up on THE LIST.
Why not you?

If you look Mexican and they stopped you because you ran
a red light, I think they have the right to asked you to product
a green card, when your accent is pretty obviously Mexican.
WHAT? BE CARDED? HOW DARE WE?????

Well, tell me… when you were 16 and started driving, and you
looked 12 or 14… did the police stop you to make sure you had
a driver’s license? You don’t think he had the right? Well, then I
guess you figure any 12 year old can drive and not be stopped
unless the 12 year old acted improper and broke the law.

How many of you at the age of 21, but you looked 16 were carded
at any pub, dance hall, bar and etc? Or in a restaurant and ordered
a drink? Heck anyone in their 30’s or even 40’s who look 18 has been
proudly been carded.

So why can’t we do this for those who can do us bodily harm? You know
sometimes if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck… it is a duck.

What I have trouble with is the over zealous authorities, be it a FBI
Officer or who ever, who is willing to bang down a person’s door
because someone said they might do bodily harm. Why not just observe
them, and if they are suspicious then asking them some questions?
By that time they have all kinds of information that might make the information
Is true or not.

I don’t know what it is like? Well, no, I don’t. But my ancestors were German on
one side… and they did, during WWI and WWII. But I was carded a lot because
I looked 16 at 21 and up to my 30’s looked 18. And because I was short, I was
stopped to see if I had a license. I was not insulted at the time. It was a safety
issue.

No comments: