Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste

It seems like my brain is working in the background
on it’s own. Or at least it has developed a new system
within a system. Not that my brain has had a system
that I thought that worked well over the years. It
has been wired to logic most of the time, which seems
to trip me up from time to time, as my thinking didn’t
quite line up with others.

But now it seems to process information to a system
of important and non important stuff. And it decides
what is important or not, and throws unimportant to
the wind. Sometimes, after really trying by prodding
by others, it seems to bring most of the memory back
on that subject. Some times it doesn’t. And unimportance
seems to play pretty heavy on that, if I don’t remember.

So far, it has worked ok for me, as I have not forgotten
anything that is really important. So far. But I got to tell
you it is very unsettling for me at times.. as it scares me
in to worrying if it is dementia.. But so far, so good.

No comments: