Monday, September 12, 2016

What happen to me?

When I was young.. and someone mention “let’s do”  I was there.
Sure let’s do it.. I jump in both feet.. I can do it..
And it didn’t turn out bad.. because after all… I am here still.
And that included riding on the back of a Harley with my future husband, doing 100 mph down the highway…asking is this as fast as it can go?

Then somewhere in my 30’s and common sense entered… but
still I would say, sure.. let’s see if we can do it.. give it a good try.
I am in…    and that worked out better.. less chance of broken bones.
And still a lot of fun.  Just I had to consider I had kids, so couldn’t be
so care free.

But now.. here I am in my 70’s and now when some one says, Let’s do…
I find myself saying, I don’t know.. I don’t think I can do that…
I got to get myself in to the mode of Robert Kennedy’s saying..
If not, why not?

I miss my old self, who had a devil may care attitude.. the can do person.
But at least I haven’t gotten to the …. I can’t do that side yet…


But I miss my old self. 

2 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

Don't we all miss our old selves??

Word Tosser said...

oh so much