Thursday, October 26, 2017

HOW THE HECK DID I END UP WITH HIM?

 To finish off the last week of what my grandkids need to know.. here is the men in my life..

WW….. I was working at a factory that made suits for several stores .. all the same suit, just different brand name sewed into the label. My job was to count the units of each part that the workers did…and add the total at the end of the week for payroll. That was in San Diego.
After work, I would ride the bus to a café in National city. I got off the bus… I would go into a café and wait for my ride to come get me…as we lived way out in the country.. at least during the 1958 and 59.. it was out in the country..  Country enough to ride your horse down to the restaurant and post office and tie him in front and go take care of business…  The Café was 10 miles away, where the main line of the bus went.  In this Café there were about 4 or 5 brothers who hung out there..  and one of them use to talk to me, while I waited… One Friday he ask if I would like to go to the beach with him the next day. After getting to know him, I figured I was safe.   So I said yes, and explain where I lived.  He came by the next day, and we went to the beach.  After about an hour or so, one of his younger brothers showed up..   We joked around and swam. I went to the bathroom and came back and over heard my so called date..  telling how he had it made with me..and I would be easy…  Which made me mad…and I figured I would fix that..  So after about another hour..I said that I wanted to go home to the younger brother, who offered to take me. So I told  my so called date good bye..  and the younger brother offered to take me home…..ON HIS MOTORCYCLE.  His HARLEY… I had not ridden one, but figured why not...  I left. It didn’t go well with the people I lived with that I came home on a HARLEY.. and I was with a BIKER..  well the truth of the matter was he was in the navy, and wasn’t a biker..  He asked me out for a date.. and I said yes, and that was the beginning… 9 months later we decided to get married.   He got out of the navy a year and half later. And we had one little girl… And I was due with another in 6 months.. It was an up and down marriage.. two young people..  we were both 20, and he didn’t understand that marriage meant staying home.  We lasted 7 children and 8 years.  We got a divorce.  

MH …  a year after the divorce I had gone to a bar with my ex-sister in law and brother in law… and meet this friend of his.. who also had just got a divorce.. He invited me out to lunch the following weekend.. and took me there on his HARLEY…  it was kind of funny, as we were going down the highway, and he asked me if I like going fast.. I told him sure.. as WW use to go up to 110 mph.. which did scare me..   MH.. started out at 75… and went up to 80.. and smiled.. and then I said.. doesn’t it go faster?  He slowed down.. and said yes, but not with me on it.. or you…. lol..   We got along great… and 6 months later he asked me to marry him… he was 12 years older.. and got along with my kids..  Any guy who will take on 7 kids.. has to be a great guy.. and he was.. I use to tell people that he was not only my husband, and my lover, the father to my children..(we added one more) but he was my best friend..we could share anything together.. he passed away 17 years later at the Vets hospital in Spokane.

KG….. KG was a friend of MH…. He is the one who took me over to the hospital when they called and said they thought that MH has blown a blood clot to his heart and his leg that they took off first… had gangrene.. and didn’t expect him to last more than 3 hours.  KG took me there.. and then went to the high school to pick up the kids we still had living at home.    KG is the guy who came over often and helped me keep the house going.. and the cars.. I had gone to work at a nursing home.. I had worked extra.. to get enough  money to keep the house going.. As two more of the kids had graduated and move on.. leaving me just the youngest one at home.  He is the one who had a good relationship with the boys, to help me keep them in line the last few months of their school year.  And he is the one who told me I needed a night off.. to go to dinner, and a movie…And when I did, we came home at 1 after the dinner and movie to be greeted by two of the kids.. who wanted to know where we were that a movie and dinner didn’t take that long.  (it was nice to have the shoe on the other foot.. lol)  He is the one who talked to the kids and said I want to date your mom…   And so we lived together after the youngest one left the home.. for 13 years… see he was 12 years YOUNGER.. but the kids were thrilled to death.. and we got married in the back yard of the house we bought together..  and we are still going strong after 30 years of relationship and 18 years of marriage.. He treats me like a queen even when I am a bitch… He loves the kids and the grandkids and the great grandkids.. And they love him dearly…He is Poppa…


And that is how I ended up with these guys.. God Bless me, even with the first one.. which was as bumpy as it can get.. bcause he blessed me with 7 wonderful great kids with him.  

No comments: