Monday, October 09, 2017

I just don't understand.....

Each day that goes by, I understand less and less.
Things that seem to be life… and meanings, seem to slip away.

I’ve gotten so I watch less and less news. You never know if it is true or not anyway.  Those of you who are older, like myself..  do you remember Huntley and Brinkley the newscasters?  John Cameron Swayze? Walter Cronkite?  These were the men who told us the news each night.  We believed them.. for one thing, they told it as it was known….. not what they “thought” it meant..  When Kennedy was shot, those were real tears on those newcasters.  Now?  Who knows.  A lot of them are only reporting what was handed to them on the paper… and much more of them give us their opinion of the news.

I watch the Trump mess unfold each day. His twitters that he send out in the middle of the night.. his crassness as he is on the screen… all of which to me.. is so foreign to what American is.  Everything he is doing, is what he was doing before he ran. He was crude, he was a con man, who wheeled and dealed in business, just one step ahead of utter foul ups.  Bankrupties, having his people put pressure on smaller business men who he cheated out of their money when they did a job in good faith..   All of this.. was known before he ever stepped up to the plate to run…  and if you didn’t know about it before.. you sure had to be hiding your head in the ground as he ran.. As there were many, many reports about his dealings for the past 40 years.  Even his crassness during his television show.. Apprentice …gave you a peek at his ego.  So why did people still believe in him?  Why did they vote for him.. and even when he embarrasses us as a nation, that they let it go? Every time…  they called Bill Clinton Teflon President.. well, if it rolled of of Bill, it is sliding off Trump like a water slide.
Why do these people still worship this man.. he can do no wrong..  they give him a pass, they make excuses and when you think he can’t lower the bar anymore.. he does..  I am not going religious on you here, even though I consider myself to be a Christain, but it is like in the bible..  worshiping false idols comes to mind.

I don’t like what I see, and there is not a dang thing I can do about it… I seem to be in the minority.  Those who are Democrats.. I guess the term would be liberal… have not helped their cause, with the over board protest, nasty remarks, and general upheaval.
The truth is bad enough, without that… but guess no one wants  the truth….  …… to quote Jack Nickleson in the movie A FEW GOOD MEN…

THE TRUTH?  THE TRUTH?  YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH…..  and I guess that is true of the people of today. 

No comments: