Thursday, November 02, 2017

As Fall... falls

The leaves have fallen.. World Series is  over..
Word of snow to come soon.. maybe tomorrow…
And we are running out of year.. yep, we are getting
Ready to say good bye to 2017.

Halloween is over.. and even though Thanksgiving is weeks
away, the stores and people are already talking Christmas.
Heck they had Christmas stuff in the stores weeks ago..
Stores trying to tell the customer.. get your wallet out.. it
is that time of the year again..  SPEND SPEND SPEND…


I called a halt to Christmas presents years ago.. some paid attention, others still bring something..  I wanted those with children to spend it on the children..   after all the commercial part of Christmas is about gifts.. and that to me is about children.. who have great expectations.  Just get me a nice or a funny Christmas card and I am good.

To me, Christmas season means be kind to mankind which should be year around.. Patience, smiles, wishing each other well… should be good enough for the adults..  Instead of the race of who can spend the most on the others.

So for now.. I am going to keep my thoughts  on Thanksgiving..  One of my favorite times of the year.. that and 4th of July.   Two of the non-present holidays…  But Thanksgiving is cold, and some times snow.. and there is good food, and usually good company. Warmth of the heart.. and that is what I look forward to at this time of the year.  


No comments: