Thursday, November 30, 2017

I am a hugger

I am a hugger.. and so is my husband..  

 One time.. a fellow employee came to the work place, and was crying because she was a juror and was upset because of the case.. my husband who has always been a hugger.. hugged her and told her, he felt bad about her being upset... two days later she filed a sexual behavior against him.. thankfully all those above him, knew he was just trying to console her, as some of the female employees did as well later.. so it was dropped.. but I bet if it was done today, in this environment.. he would lose his job..

All of this is going to change me.. and I have had a talk with my husband.. which is a sad state of affairs... as hugging.. in my mind, is an acceptance of the person, and also to comfort... it has been an automatic feeling... I have told new people.. as I do, that I am a hugger... so I guess I have gave forewarning.. I just find it sad.. I worked in a nursing home.. and I would on occasions hug them.. they, almost melted in my arms because they missed human contact so much... I will continue to hug my family.. but will now have second thoughts on anyone else.. I still find that sad.

And where does the pendulum stop?  Which, when all of this came out.. I wondered.. about the alleged abuse… the person is found automatic guilty… With the Garrison Keillor, case, that it is said to be an intent of comfort, that made the woman uncomfortable.. which he apologized twice, and was told by her… to not to worry about it… and then with all that is in the news.. she has lawyered  up. 

So what happen to the way of America? You know, not guilty until proven guilty?  Now it is guilty and judged, losing your job….no court hearing?  No putting the person on leave until further investigated?  Now that I find scary.. And why is it not the same for politics?

Now don’t get me wrong.. some of these men are sleezy.. and have done the worse..And yes, they should have to pay for it.. as it has gone on for too long, with the good ole boy system..  But where do you drawn the line.. of Sleezy to someone who was trying to comfort, and it didn’t turn out that way.. for the hugee?

No comments: