Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Dress code…… I am just old


Dress code…… I  am just old

Read the other day that a lot of the high schools are loosing up their dress codes… People have complained that it is directed too much towards girls. As it involves tank tops with strings for the shoulders, mid-riff shirts and short shorts. Also mini-mini skirts.  But it also mention ripped jeans.   I have seen boys in mid-riff shirts, as well as girls..

I know we have casual dress at work now.  Starting out with casual Friday years ago… But I have seen some pretty casual clothing… at offices, and restaurants, that I don’t think is quite the picture the company wants to have. Like t-shirts with sayings on them, that are kind of gross, in my humble opinion.  “If you don’t like my attitude, then stay away from me” type shirts.. and etc.

So if the ones above are now acceptable to high schools and some in colleges, what are these people to think the dress code is for the office, or any company type?   Clean jeans with a nice blouse/shirt I have no problem with.. I guess white or light blue shirts with ties are gone with the wind.

It is hard enough looking at your waitress with a ring thru her/his nose or worse yet thru their tongue.  (the tongue, by the way, grosses me out… and very distracting watching it go in an out as they talk)… but I guess I am old.

A young lady with a nice dress to the knees or pant suit on, is very nice and a young man with shirt and tie also means business to me.. but again… I am old….

No comments: