Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The Joys of being a hot tub owner..


The Joys of being a hot tub owner….

We have been using our new to us hot tub for about 2 weeks now.
I started out not too well…. I don’t know why, but with the bubbler on, I am like a bobber out to sea.. 
My feet are up in the air… my butt is at least 8 inches away from the seat.  After several tries and different seats.. I found
a way to enjoy it..   I can’t use the recliner one, as it is over my head when I lay in it.  But came up with a place I can
sit with my shoulders under two areas and my feet across the floor of the tub.. kind of bracing myself.. and I can relax.
It has been great for my back.. especially after yesterday.
Moving lots of granite blocks and pulling a cement mixer over to the garage.  I got in the tub and the bubblers beat my back like a massage.

But Sunday night was the funniest of all..  Went out at 6pm,
as usual…after news before Who wants to be a Millionaire.
It was starting to rain.  The King was having second thoughts
as we went out. We put our towels on the chair beside the tub.  Climbed in…  told him the sprinkle will feel good on our faces.  He was whining.. told him..  what is wrong.. are you afraid of getting wet?  Ha ha…  We started up the jets and it was great… hot, hot water, pounding out on our bodies, and the sprinkle of the cool rain…. All went great…………until
it started to really get with the program… it started to pour, again I asked the King as he was whimping out.. WHAT YOU AFRAID TO GET WET?  HA HA… well, we weathered it out.. as it poured…BUT.. it was no longer sprinkling thru the net over head, but collections of the water would come down like waterfalls.. by now, we both are in fits of laughter of how stupid this is… and when I am telling him the hot water and cool .. no COLD…. water feels good on the face.
And he is laughing so hard about how we must look to the neighbors who are in their houses watching the idiot neighbors gets soaked… my head is soaked, my hair is soaked.. the timer turns off on the jets.. so we decided to get out.. (it runs for 15 minutes, which was a loooooooooong 15 that night.. We quickly get out, pull cover over … grab out towels… which are SOAKED…. And run for the house. Hoping we didn’t catch a death of cold…

I am not so sure I am going to be going out there in the snow.. The King said it will be fun….  Yea, right… I have heard that line before….. just before I figured out… this is not fun..
But so far we do like it.

No comments: