Wednesday, January 16, 2019

PAPERS, PAPERS, PAPERS EVERYWHERE.


PAPERS, PAPERS, PAPERS EVERYWHERE.

I hate paper work.. and it is the season for it.  I have put it off for a week or more..  Usually I have it all done.. but with being sick.. I just wasn’t in the mood for it.. and when it comes to paper work for taxes.. you got to force yourself to be in the mood.

So yesterday, I sat in the middle of the living room floor and stacked papers in different piles…  Keep, Shred, garbage,
All of them were coming out of the folder that I keep all year long.  It is a huge folder with 15 or so slots.. one for each month and a few others…

One is marked TAXES… which is suppose to be only for those that I will need at the end of the year..   So why do I sit there and go thru each and every paper?  Each receipts, that we got for any money we spent on anything..   groceries, bills, dr. dentist, vision… or just what ever.  And I would love to tell you, that I am so good, that I make sure every paper to do with taxes is in that one slot.. marked TAXES…. I am not.. every year, I go thru and each year there is any where from 8 to 20 pieces of paper that got skipped and it is  in the month it was paid.

So  piece by piece… each and every one of them.. finding receipts for insurance, dr. dentist, vision… and most of all.. the meds we buy that WE pay for..  See the first month of the year.. one of them is $365!!!!… then there is every 3 months.. of 3 months worth of supplies… and then there is the DOUGH HOLE OF MEDS.. that hit us this past Sept. So back to paying full price… which we can’t  afford 3 months worth. So we do it month by month.. $159 worth monthly with the raise to $165. in Dec. Just for the one.   Then matching up the receipt with the paper work.. (as the paper work has why we get socked with the big price..  
So there it is.. the pile of med. Receipts, the Dr. receipts, the dentist, vision, insurance payments monthly..  and also other
payments …. And then there is the little receipts for those checks that were refunded, over payment… and etc…All lest than $100..most under $30… And then there is the still coming in … income papers… and money from a local electric company that we had used over the years .. 30 years ago.. and we are finally getting our dividends.    Putting them all in a open folder..  

Then there is the piles of old receipts for electric, water, sewer, phone, garbage… all of them are useless now. So into a grocery bag they go, to be shredded . I am jealous of the bigger towns 45 miles from us… because a truck comes around to bank parking lots and picks up bags and boxes of paper to be shredded for free…  We don’t have that.. I don’t even have a burn barrel..  so sometime thru the year, I sit and feed my big shredder until it gets warm… I am 2 bags behind as it is now.. 

So there I was.. paper, paper, paper everywhere..   The good news I got it all done and put away, just before the King, and lil man and mom got back from Spokane.  

I still have to go thru the open folder and arrange the papers and total up each, and then make a sheet of paper for the tax guy, so he can go down the list.. of what it is.. how much did we spend… is it tax related……. As the taxes keep changing and this year more so… If it wasn’t for a tiny trust fund that able me to retire 15 years ago… I could do these taxes myself…   because it is pretty basic… this is how money came into our household… this is what left.. and so now tell me how much do I owe you??

Long gone are the deductions for union dues, clothes and boots allowance for work, taxes, mortgage payments, interest rates..  Each year he says.. nope, we can’t do that one.. nope you didn’t make enough money for that one.. 
Then it is  .. see you in a week.. to pick it up… and drop off the check for him..
  Ah, you got to love it… tax time.. paper, and more papers.. I use to total up Walmart, Costco, Yokes, Home Depot… but not this year.. too depression to see where we spent too much money… $3, 000 to $5,000, at Yokes… depending on how well the King did hunting….. Costco over $800 and we only go there 4 times a year… and Walmart and Home Depot… don’t want to talk about it..


No comments: