Tuesday, April 30, 2019

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself"



“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself"

Most of us remember that this line was used in Franklin D. Roosevelt first inaugural address...  Then later got into World War II…

We all have fears… Fear of flying… fear of spiders, fear of failing....fear of losing a job... fear of snakes.... and so many more.. as the list goes on...

Some times those are self inflicted… and some are removed when the fear is gone..  one becomes more powerful. Such as when you give your notice of retirement…with a 2 weeks or a month notice.. you no longer fear the lost of the job.. So you end up standing up for yourself.. it is a free feeling.

Some, if you just thought it out.. we would not fear..  I have a system of when I know there is a large lump in life… that I work it thru in my mind..  I think of the worse that can happen. And what would I do if that happen. That way I have a plan.  Sometimes when you think of what the worse can happen, it relieves you somewhat.. especially if you have a back up plan… then if nothing happens you are ok.. and if the worse can happen, you got the back up plan..
Has worked for me..

It is hard when you worry about everything… or fear everything.. You just got to have faith in yourself… I know that is easier than said than done.

But I do think Franklin for the most part, has it right…

339

No comments: