Wednesday, November 13, 2019


November 13, 2019
I like to thank…….

When you get a book, the first page after the title is a page of acknowledgements…  Thanking those who help get the book done.. from people who help with research,  husbands who were supportive while the book was in progress, the proof reader, the friend who gave ideas, the publisher and the list goes on.and on. You have either chose to skip the page or you read it….

I was thinking….. in church while I was listening to the Pastor (I am sure he would be thrilled to hear it.) about the subject he was talking about .. peace keepers and other such things… when for some reason my mind went off to acknowledgement pages of books.  How that connects I don’t have a clue…

But it did get me to thinking about the rest of us who don’t write books…. We should have an acknowledgement page for our lives…  a page to thank the people who got us thru the good times and the rough times..  the ones who were there for support and those who just stayed with us… without saying anything..

Don’t know what we would do with that page… maybe have it read at our funeral?  Guess that would be nice… that is if the person is still alive.. after all if you are gone.. a good chance a lot of your friends are gone too.   So I not sure what to do with it.
Publish it.. not a book, but just a page of acknowledgement.

I like to thank my kids for the education of a life time.  And I am glad you all turn out to be great kids, especially when things were rough for all of us.  
Thank you grandchildren and great grandchildren for showing me that there was a lot more love in me.. when I didn't know I had the room for more.. and thank you for the laughter... it is still coming...I want to thank my husband.. for putting up with me…and treating me a like a Queen, especially when I was acting like a bitch… I like to thank my friends.. who stay thru the years with me… As we all know …. Friends come and go, so for those who stuck it out for over 50 years.. thank you….
I want to thank my bosses thru the years… Some of you were jerks, but a few of you were so helpful thru the years.  Telling me when I had done a good job, So thank you, Nani, Frank and Sherry, Susan, K. And I am sure there were a few other good ones…  Thank you to my co workers, who thru great team work, we got thru our shifts over the years..  And thank you for the lousy ones who help me learn endurance and patience and to learn the saying…. This too shall pass. 

Thank you for those who exercised with me over the years, even though we ate our way back at the salad bar after the classes..  thank you for my horse friends who rode many trails with me.. enjoying the peace and quiet of nature.

Thank you for my gal pal who when we went huckleberry picking and came across the man from  DELIVERANCE with his little pistol waving and 20 foot tree hanging over the back of his truck.. for keeping your cool as you talked him out of giving us a lift back to your car.. 

See, this would be a great idea… hummmm… will have to work on this…  but   thank you to all those who read my blog… as measly as it is… and thank you AUNT JO for being a faithful reader and keep me going.  

Well, there you go.. what do you think about writing a ACKNOWLEDGEMENT PAGE for your life? 

No comments: