Tuesday, December 17, 2019

But it doesn’t feel like Christmas…..


But it doesn’t feel like Christmas…..

I am not, as you probably already know, from past blog stories..very good a Christmas..  Really, I am a bah humbug type…
Way too much gifts for so few, way too much money spent on something no one will remember they got.  Way too much and expensive gifts for kids..  When I was a kid we got about 5 gifts. And when raising my kids.. they got about 3 real presents.. the rest of the presents were clothes to replenish their school clothes that got too small..

I have seen piles of gifts.. a round circle that goes around the tree, at least 10 feet circle… and at least 3 to 4 feet high. For a family of 4. That is obese .. in gifts.  And it takes the parents 6 months or more to pay for them.
My husbands and I did not go into debt for the kids gifts.   Now we might have had a large circle around the tree..but there were 8 kids..  Then 5, then down to 3 and then 1…  No gift was over $25 .
And at the end of the day… none of them were disappointed.  Yes, they went to school to see some of their friends with the latest hand game, or radio and etc..  but never voiced a disappointment. 

So here I am 79 year later… and it has gotten to be another day.. The only thing that I take away from it…. Is watching kids ..the light in their eyes.. the smiles.. and etc.   The rest of it is.. enjoying a dinner with family..   We go to our daughter’s house for Christmas.  And I am happiest at the end of the day…

But even with all the Christmas decorations, ads and etc.. since Oct..and maybe that is the reason why it doesn’t feel like Christmas..  it has been going on and on and on…   maybe that is why..  Hate to say it.. but I am looking forward to January… no that isn’t right either… I am looking forward to May…..

No comments: