Thursday, December 05, 2019

DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT....


 Day late and a dollar short…

Got so busy yesterday, forgot to blog..
Can’t tell you what I was doing, but I was busy
doing it.

Oh, I know.. I was making zucchini bread.  Same thing I was doing the day before… Made 8 smalls pans and 2 large..   both days..
Got to do something with all that shredded
zucchini that we have from our summer crop.  Besides we
don’t give gifts to our friends.. but we do give bread.  Use to do
a lot more in the years past.. but got out of the mood, have less to
give to.. But we use to do about 3 kinds of cookies and the breads and even dappled in the candies…  Did orange rind sugar candy.. fudge of course..  Which that could be frustrating.. as you can end
up with fudge syrup.  

As I was waiting for the bread to bake, and had another batch ready to go..  I made myself a sandwich.   Had not really thought about how I made my sandwiches…over the years..  Just make it and then cut it..  So how do you cut yours?  Most of the time, mine are in quarters.. once in a while if I am creative... I will do diagonal quarters.. but most of the time.. it is the standard one … like this one…





As I was cutting them.. without thought, just doing what I have done for years.. I thought of why?  And the answer is.. my mother use to cut them that way.. and that was what I got in my lunch box. Why I never changed, I don’t know… And the surprising part is.. when I do sandwiches for others I ask them.. do they want them cut…. And if they say yes, I just cut in half.  What is with that?

No comments: