Monday, January 06, 2020

Loud and Proud … the year of 2020


Loud and Proud … the year of 2020

This will be the year of the LOUD AND PROUD…  first off .. the LOUD is because I am slowly losing more of my hearing.. so people are going to have to speak up, if they want me to be able to hear them…

PROUD…. Because I made it to 2020…. Now to the rest of you, this is just another year… to me.. it was going to be really special year…. And with a tear at the heart, it still will be… 

See, I was looking forward to this.. as 4 of us in my family was gaining another decade….  My daughter Julie, who I lost in 2017… would be 60 this June… and I will still celebrate as special..but I can’t tease her about being an old lady…..   BUT there is my youngest… who is turning 50.. yep the big 5…0…in April.  Also this will be 50 for Earth Day, as she was born on the first Earth Day….   Then there is the younger generation… my grandson.. son of the 50 year old.. who will turn 30  this November…
And finally… the one who started all this is.. ME… I will be 80!!!  I will hopefully make it to April.. and  I didn’t know if I would live this long.  So those of you who have stuck with me thru thick and thin.. will have to read this blog on April 5th .. to see if I made it all the way…

Also adding to this.. is a bucket list… I am not a big fan of bucket list as per se… But there is two things on it for now.. In August, I want to go to the Worel Family Reunion…one more time.   This is my first marriage family. I have been to a few.. over the 50 some odd years.

But hoping I can talk my kids into showing up this year.. one more time… So they can meet some of their cousins..and I want to see some of my nieces and nephews.. and hopefully grandchildren and great grandchildren… So that is on my list..  
Then there is Christmas day… I want to spend the day on the beach… I have one son and his lovely wife, who keep asking us to come down and spend it in the house they rent each year… Well, 2020 is going to be that year..  Hoping and praying for good weather, so we can travel without fear. So praying for no snow for a week.  It can be cold, just no snow..

So that is the start of what I want to do in 2020.. the surprising thing is.. I was telling the King.. I really don’t want a birthday party…  Even the month I was born in, can be tricky for bad weather..  to me .. summer would be better .. so August sounds good to me..  I mean if the Queen of England can have hers in June.. why can’t I have mine in the summer as well.. 

So we will see….  But in the meantime.. if you see me.. remember when talking to me.. raise your voice up a few levels..

No comments: