Wednesday, May 13, 2020

I am not needed... dang..


I am not needed…. I am not wanted.. lol

See two weeks ago or maybe just a bit more.. I got a letter from
the county..  it was…..drum roll…. JURY DUTY LETTER…
I actually wouldn’t mind..  I was on the list about 20 years ago.. I
would call and they would say, “group what ever has been cancelled”
There was 3 times I got to actually make it to the court house.  One was to be informed of what we were expected to do…  Then I was picked to be question, as I raised my hand, when they asked if anyone knew the defendant… I had worked with her.  So I was asked by the DA if I thought I could make a unbiased decision.. I said I thought I could..  (I had only worked with her for 3 months and she left) … well the defense didn’t trust me and I was sent home..  The last time, I was in the line up of those who were told to stay.  And I was up to be the next one interviewed when they came out and told us to all go home..   It was just as well… as it was a very boring one.. about water rights up on the mountain.  One of the nurses got picked. She endured 3 weeks of trial to only have it dismissed…. As she said, when it was finally getting interesting.  That is my total experience of jury duty.

But there it was.. and a questionnaire to fill out.. I answered everything fairly seriously and definitely honest.  But there were two questions… one question was…….was I over the age of 70 and would want to be dismissed.  I answered I was over 70 but I would serve if selected..  And at the end was a space where they asked us to write in if there were any health issues that would stop us from serving..   I wrote that I WOULD BE THRILLED TO SERVE… but I did have an old lady’s bladder so would need breaks.. and also was a little hard of hearing…  But I looked forward to being selected… WELL… this is what I got back…..   AND THEY HIGHLIGHTED IT!!!




I am bummed… lol…  they didn’t want me.. I was looking forward to being in a Perry Mason trial.. lol.. or what ever..  See, there are some who want to serve and are turn down.. lol..

No comments: