Tuesday, May 19, 2020

The Restaurants are open…


The Restaurants are open… and so is Chi Chi's 

As things start to relax during this virus mess…  the governors across the nation are letting different business open up.. Restaurants open up in Idaho last Saturday, the 16th of May.

Well, Chi Chi must have found out about it, as you can see, she is eating in.
I looked around behind me and there she was, inside the kitchen…looking for peanuts..  So the usual routine is.. I put the box down, she picks which one she wants, (some times going thru 3 or 4 peanuts before she decides) and then heads out with that peanut.  I, then, go fill up the feeder for her.

Well, not the past Saturday.  I put down the box and she goes thru them. I was making my lunch, so didn’t pay much attention to what was going on. As I headed back to the refrigerator, I see she is still inside and on her second peanut.. Then the third and a fourth.  She was eating in, like they say about the restaurants that have been closed.  They have been cash and carry. Well, Chi Chi I guess was tired of grab and run.. and decided she would stick it out for as long as I was going to let her.. Then it became.. just how long will she stay.. Well, it was about 20 minutes and about 10-12  peanuts.. and as you can see.. she made quite a mess.. 

I wonder, the restaurants that open up …  did they feel the same way as I did.  Do they miss the days of cash and carry…. No mess… After all there were no tables to clean, or silverware to put out and salt shakers to fill and etc… Just make the food and hand it over to the customer and they leave.
Now it is back to the clean ups and etc..

I looked out later, and saw that Chi Chi went back to her feeder.. eating on her little patio attached to the feeder…  And I clean up the mess in the kitchen.







No comments: