Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Not one to scare easy

I don't know if I have wrote about my mother and her reaction to the bomb shelters of the 50's or not...  My mother being a cynic and all.. plus common sense.. she didn't scary easy.. 
Guess that is where I get it..  

Maybe for those who have not read a past blog about my mother and the bomb, I should give you a little bit of it..  
See in the 1950's there were a LOT of people who were digging in their back yard and putting in bomb shelters..  Kind of on the line of THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING, THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING. ..    Mom was having no part of that.. and I guess she sold Dad on it too..  because we never  did have one..  I think there was one half way on on the block.   Mom said she wasn't going to die in no damn hole in the ground...  If the bombs, she was going to bend over and kiss her arse good bye.  That any hole in the ground was not going to protection against the gas of the bomb.. it would come  thru any source of the of air one would set up.. there is not filter against bombs.  And she was right. 

Now jump forward to now and the virus scare.  With all that is said.. from every conceivable angle, with more people of knowledge of such things and far more opinions of so called experts... that our heads are spinning.  How the heck are you suppose to know what is true and what is opinions.   Even the scientist have OPINIONS..  

I have tried to be fair.. I have honor others who are scared.. but wearing a mask... (it was never about me not getting the virus protection)  Before everyone got on the band wagon of wearing a mask...  I did give space to others.. and especially those who wore mask.. They were scared..  I was not going to increase on that, so I have gave  them lots of space.. even before it was asked for.   
In the past when we have had flu seasons of the many years.. while I was working and otherwise... I did stay away, I did stay mostly home... I didn't want to get sick..  My job was taking care of the sick, not getting sick.   I never had much faith in the flu shots... not after they did a mass shots thru out the whole building and we would lose at least 10 in the first week.   Year after year.. Those who got the flu shot, got the flu anyway.. So it did not impress me..  Got away with out getting them for several years, until our CEO told us to get the flu shot (they paid for it) or else..   that meant.. so sick pay if you did not take the shot, as you were asking for it. I never got the flu.. but I sure did that year... and yes, I got their damn flu shot.  So I am not much for getting shots.  
Just like their talking about everyone getting a vaccine for this virus.. Not me.. at least for a year or two.. if you all survive the shot.. MAYBE..and that is just MAYBE .. I will. but I doubt. 

Anyway, yesterday, I went to the store.. and no I did not wear a mask.. you know when you are 80.. you really don't give a shit anymore of what opinions are of others..  YES, I did give space to others..  For those with mask, plenty of space... as I don't want to increase their anxiety.    And I was breathing air..  and outside. fresh air..  see I live in Idaho and we still have fresh air..  

So do as you must..  but I guess I am just an old chip off of mom's block...   And feel no one is going to tell me I HAVE to do something....  if I make you nervous.. tell me.. I will get far away from you....  I won't visit you... all those are your choices...  my choice?  at the age of 80...  I am living it FREE...   after all life is still free..  



  

No comments: