Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Can I go too ???

Can I go too ???

About 40 some odd years ago..  I was down on my hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor.   I was in my 30’s…  and I was mumbling about something and ending it with ..  “as soon as I get done scrubbing this floor, I AM RUNNING AWAY!!”… of which I then heard this bellow of a laugh … I looked up and it as a friend of my husband’s standing at the door… and then he added.. CAN I GO TOO? … 

Funny how that came to mind today.. 40 some years later. Raising so many kids.. frustrating with the love of my life at the time… all of them.. husband and kids..  some times there were times.. I wanted to run away..  where?  I had not a clue..  Maybe a beach with the ocean coming going.  

I never did run away.. but the thoughts pass thru my mind many times.. And lucky… God had patience with me.. and the kids and husband survived and life went on.

So if you have days like that..  remember the saying my mother had.. THIS TOO SHALL PASS..

No comments: