Recipes are like jokes online.
the authors get lost in the shuffle.
I like to give credit when I can. So
if you are the one who started this
recipe, let me know and I will give
I got this recipe last year. As you
POSTED: 8:51 pm EST December 13, 2005
It is a good one, and if you like fruitcake,
you will love it. If you don't, you will be surprised
to learn you like this one... Unless you totally
hate dried fruit. So enjoy.... I am off to work.
I made them yesterday with Splenda, so my
husband could have some.. Enjoy.
Christmas Fruitcake Cookies...
Butter, softened 1 cup
Sugar 1 1/2 cups
Flour 2 1/2 cups
Salt 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon
Cloves, ground 1/4 teaspoon
Allspice, ground 1/4 teaspoon
Dates, dried, chopped 1 cup
Pecans, chopped 2 cups
Pineapple, dried, chopped 1 cup
Cherries, dried, chopped 1 cup
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, add the softened butter and sugar. Whisk until well blended.
3. Beat in the eggs well to incorporate.
4. Add the flour and spices. Mix well.
5. Add the dried fruits and nuts. Mix well.
6. Drop spoonfuls onto a lightly greased sheet pan and bake for 12-14 minutes.
7. Let rest then store in air tight container until use
27 minutes ago