Thursday, February 11, 2010

Men being held hostage....

Every year at this time of the year,
Men are held hostage..
What are you going to do to prove
your love for me, Question.
is it candy, cards, maybe dinner or
are you required to buy a gift too?

Why is this? Seems like a commercial
reason to me… after all if you have to
buy a gift then you are not getting it.

It is about love… it is something you
should be doing every day. I guess I
can understand a card, flowers, candy
for a guy who is courting (don’t know what
the new word for that is) and needs to
make points. And as we use to say, he
is to new to the relationship for gifts.

But husbands, long time lovers, sorry,
I feel for you. You are there every day,
All year long, and if you are doing it right,
your gal knows you love her. So a nice
card and flowers are all you need..but
you shouldn’t be doing because a commercial
says you should. You should have been
doing it when you thought about it.

There is little to no pressure but on the women.
She mainly gives a gift or what ever, because
she feels if she is going to get something, she
better be nice and give something.

See in our house, I Love You Day, is everyday.
I get flowers for no reason. Just because he saw
them and he thought I would like them. Or he saw
I was having a rough day and he wanted to make
me smile.. I flat out refuse to have him be robbed
at this time of the year. Dozen roses can be had for
$9.00 (some times less) but at this time they are $30
and up.


So to you all… on Sunday…. HAPPY” I LOVE YOU” DAY!!
May it be enjoyable, then practice it everyday.

No comments: