Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Some Quotes...that sadden me...

Some quotes... that sadden me.....
Let them eat cake..
Said about the poor of Ireland I believe, if history serves me right..


S. C. Lt Gov running for Gov. quoted his grandmother who he said...
told him not to feed the stray animals
"You know why, because they breed.
You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or person ample food supply.
They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that.
So what you' be got to do is, you have got to curtain that type of behavior.
They don't know any better... "
He repeated this recently... and he wants to be Governor. God, help the people of S.C.

In this day and age, you wouldn't think people still think this way... We have come a long
way, but not far enough. I don't care which party you are.. it is true on both sides.

I read this in Leonard Pitts Jr.'s column... which he ended with,
"One hopes Andre Bauer's words will provide a wakeup call..
in South Carolina and elsewhere..for people who have been down too long
and fooled too often, that it will encourage them to organize their votes, raise
their voices, push their issues into the public discourse.
In America, one is invisible and powerless only so long as one choose to be..
And the Bauer's of the world need to know... sometimes stray animals bite.

This all reminds me of the saying of WWII ...
.
First the Nazis came for the Communists; and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews; and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew.
When they came for the trade unionists I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a trade unionist.
And when they came for the Catholics I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me... and by that time there was no one left to speak for anyone.Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemoeller



countdown 15 left

No comments: