Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Battle of the Sexes...

We have all heard the battle of the sexes in so many different ways..  Then there is the Billie Jean King vs Bobby Riggs… which by the way, they are coming out with a movie about that.

Anyway, we all have the battle of the sexes in our own homes, right?   You all hear about how the King made a remark about women’s work is inside work..
So I dropped the log I had in my hand and was stacking, to walk into the house..  And when he cried out, where are you going??  I repeated his words of “women’s work is inside work”, as I head in.  By this time is is along side me.. and saying, well, I didn’t mean you… I stopped and said…Oh? Are you saying I am not a woman?  “no, no, you are putting words in my mouth.”  Then I told him being inside work is women’s work, that he couldn’t cook anymore.. after all he wasn’t a woman… 

Then jump years ahead.. to who is going to take the garbage out to the bin…. Which he said his little comment of inside work, women, … and outside men’s work.. Which I pulled the bag out of the can, tied it off and threw it out on the deck… looked at him.. well, it is outside now… lol..

We don’t need a garbage compactor.. after all neither of us likes to take the garbage out.  So each of us, will push the garbage down in the can, so I don’t have to take it out.. and he does the same. So it is well packed by the time we have to take it out.

Now that it is getting colder…and summer is gone.. it is that time of the year.. THE FURANCE will kick on.  But we have it turn off, as the King clean the filters and etc.. last week.
Neither of us has turn it back on…I have put on sweaters, he has put on long pants.. but neither of us is hitting the button.
Last night, he mention, it is getting colder.  Did you shut the windows yet.  One of them, I said.. the bedroom one is still open (we usually leave it open all winter about an inch, as we both like to sleep with fresh air). I asked him, why are you cold?  “well, yea, a little.”  … so I asked.. do you want me to turn on the heater for you?  “No, not unless YOU are cold”
I told him, I was fine.  “oh”, he says. That is ok, you don’t need to turn it on for me.. lol..  Later he walked by it.. looked at it.. and then headed to bed.


So who flinches first? 

No comments: