Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Two eyes, almost...

Last Wednesday I had my second eye done. The removal of cataracts and placement of a len.  And so far, so good.

I can read pretty good without glasses at a slight distance. Meaning as I type this, I can read it…. Without glasses. But definitely need reading glasses.  And because it takes about 3 week or so before the eye really settles down.. I won’t get reading glasses until October.  But I have cheater glasses for now.  So went to the Dollar Tree and picked up 2 pairs for a buck each. Got one of them bright red.. So I can find them.

See I have wore glasses all day long for about 30 years. So putting glasses down and then go get them when needed.. is going to take some getting use to.  So figured if I put them somewhere, where I don’t remember… bright red should make it easier.

Also first thing in the morning it takes a bit to get my eyes to adjust.  As reading is out.. glasses or no glasses.. but after I am up about an half hour or so, they are on track.  It is really nice to be outside without glasses.. no fogging up and etc. in the heat. Except for the fact that my old glasses were also dark glasses in the sun.  Now I have to wear big hunky sun glasses as the sun is too bright for my new eye yet..


And by the way, this time was easy as well as the first one, but especially with the fact, that I knew what I was in for, so that makes it easy… Like I said before the worse is the getting the shot of Novocain like shot…. And even that isn’t really that much worse than getting any shot..  The rest is easy peasy… So if you ever have to have cataract laser surgery, have no fear.. 

No comments: